Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Zantrip 2000 - Espagne Etudes IX - XIII

IX was recorded in bumper-to-bumper traffic leaving Barcelona on my pilgrimage to the Igualada Cemetery by the recently deceased Spanish architect Enric Miralles.The rest of the release X-XIII was recorded in the cemetery itself, using the material laying about. The search for the Miralles cemetery was exhausting, taking a day and a half with the obstacles to my progress everywhere! The quest took on near biblical proportions and so when I finally reached the destination it was quite an experience, and this release captures some of that I feel.*

*Samples from this appear the next day at my live Zanstones show at the Observatori festival in Valencia. To the sound of one of the crypt doors groaning along it's rails I enquire in empoverished Spanish "Miralles, commo est tu va?" (where have you gone?)

No comments: